Skip to Content
Find State Resources:

Locate local programs and more information by selecting your state below.

Local Help

Find an American Job Center:


Pay for Training

Need help paying for training or education? There are many financial aid options to help you achieve your education goals.

Unemployment training funds. If you were laid off as part of a mass layoff, you may qualify for training services through the Dislocated Worker program through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA). Services vary by state.

If you lost your job or had your hours reduced as a result of increased imports, you may qualify for assistance through the Trade Adjustment Act (TAA).

To find out if you qualify for these programs, contact your local American Job Center.

Federal financial aid. You may qualify for financial aid like loans, grants, and scholarships. Visit to learn about federal financial aid. Programs like the Pell Grant can provide up to $5,500 for costs at community colleges, colleges and universities, and many trade and technical schools.

Also visit CareerOneStop's Education + Training: Pay section to find out more about paying for school.

Find Education and Training resources in your own state