Return to previous page
Help: Find Professional Associations
What does this tool do?
The Find Professional Associations tool provides a list of national professional and industry associations related to the industry or occupation you choose. Results include the name and URL link for each association.
You might find this information helpful to:
- Contact associations to recruit well-prepared candidates
- Find professional development opportunities for your staff
- Keep current on changes in your industry through conferences and industry research
How do I get started?
Enter the name of an industry, association, or occupation. If you know the NAICS code for an industry or the SOC code for an occupation, you can use that code as your search term. If you see the industry or occupation title you are looking for pop up below the search box, select it and click “Search.” Association names will not pop up. If you prefer, or for all association names, type your entire term and click “Search.”
What can I do with these results?
Your results page provides a list of all national associations in our database that relate to the search term. Some search terms will generate very long lists. From the search results page, you have several options:
- To narrow your results, use the filters, either related occupations or industries, located to the left on your screen. The number in parentheses after each sub-category indicates the number of associations in that group. Click “More” or "Less" at the bottom of the list to manage the number of results shown.
- To visit an association’s website, click the link in the URL column. A new window will open for the association’s website; close that window to return to your results page.
- To start over with a new search term, click the blue “New Search” button on the top left side of the page.
- You can download and save your list of professional associations in Excel, PDF, Word, or RTF using the “Download” and “Select Format” buttons at the bottom of your results list.
- To email or print your results, use the controls at the top right of the page in the header.
Where does this information come from?
This information is compiled and maintained by CareerOneStop and exclusively available on the CareerOneStop suite of products. To suggest an addition or correction, please email email@example.com.
For information about displaying any of this data on your own website, please visit CareerOneStop’s Web Services.
Who can I contact for help?
If you have questions about a website you visit from your list of professional associations, please find and use contact information on that website.
If you have questions or comments about your list of professional associations, please contact the CareerOneStop Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to previous page