Return to previous page
Help: Find Local Training Programs
What does this tool do?
The Find Local Training Programs tool provides a list of community colleges, four-year colleges, universities and skill training programs in the geographic area you select, and related to the occupation, school or program you choose. Results list the institution name (linked to its website), street address, contact information, program name and number of program graduates in the previous year.
You might find this information helpful to:
- Recruit program graduates from the relevant department or training programs
- Find training for your employees through academic departments, continuing education or customized training units
- Serve as an advisor to your community college industry and career training programs
How do I get started?
Enter an occupation, school or program name. If you see the term you are looking for pop up below the search box, click on it to select it.
Next, enter a location - city and state, state, or ZIP code. Abbreviations are spelled out in place names, for example type in “Saint” rather than “St.” Begin typing your location search term, and click on the correct location when it pops up to select it.
What can I do with the results?
Your results page provides a list of all education and training institutions and programs in our database that relate to the search term you entered. Some search terms will generate very long lists. You now have several options:
- To narrow your results, use the filters to the left on your screen: occupation, program name and program length. The number in parentheses behind each sub-category indicates the number of related programs. Manage the list of sub-categories shown by clicking the "More" or "Less" buttons that end the list.
- To view the institution’s website, click the institution’s name. A new window will open for the institution’s website. To return to your results page, close the new window. To start over with a new search term: click the blue “New Search” button at the top left of the page.
- To download and save your results in a document, click the Select Format button at bottom of your results list, and choose from Excel, Word, pdf and RTF formats.
- To email or print your results, use the controls at the top right of the page in the header.
Where does this information come from?
The U.S. Department of Education collects information about institutions and education organizations that receive federal funding in its Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS).
For information about displaying any of this data on your own website, please visit CareerOneStop's Web Services.
Who can I contact for help?
If you have questions about any websites you visit from your list of training providers, please find and use contact information on that website.
If you have questions or comments about your list of education and training providers, please contact the CareerOneStop Service Center at email@example.com.
Return to previous page