Using social media for recruiting, brand-building, and other business activities is a major trend. Here’s a quick introduction to some major social media sites and how to use them to find candidates.
Top social media sites
The top three social media sites for business purposes are LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Here’s a sampling of what you can do with these sites:
- Create a LinkedIn profile for your company
- Search for candidates with the skills you’re looking for
- Post a job using the Jobs feature
- Send a job opening using a “status” message
- Post questions on recruiting issues
- Create a Facebook page for your company
- Announce company news or job openings
- Use a Facebook app (or Facebook’s new job function) to post jobs
- Search for job candidates
- Create a Twitter handle and profile for your company
- Search for (or follow) candidates with skills you’re looking for
- Tweet information (company announcements, job openings, etc.)
- Communicate with jobseekers who receive your tweets
Have questions? Learn more about common social media practices by connecting with professional associations in your industry.
For help with social media or other workforce issues, contact your local American Job Center to connect with a Business Services Representative or other resource.
Find State Resources