Ready to explore some career options?
There are lots of ways to learn about real life in different careers. You can:
- Learn some interesting, quick facts from the Occupation Profile. You can look up more than 800 different careers! Start by entering a career you’re interested in and your location.
- Check out career videos on hundreds of different occupations. Videos include typical tasks, work settings, education needed, and more.
- Talk with people who do work you are interested in, also known as informational interviewing. Ask about what they like and dislike about their career, and think about how it may fit you. Download this informational interview how-to guide.
- Ask if you can visit or job shadow at a job you might be interested in. Job shadowing means you follow a worker for a few hours or a day.
- Explore careers in the military. Look under the military tab there to learn about military education opportunities and benefits.