Put your social media presence to work for you finding a job.
Entry-level workers have a great opportunity to reach employer contacts through online connections. You can impress employers with your posted activities and interests, or leave them flat with an inappropriate online image. Use your social media accounts such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and others, to your advantage.
- Post your job goal and let people know what kind of help you are looking for.
- Keep up to date by adding or updating information, links to articles or blogs you’ve written, training or volunteer activities, and posts, both to show you at your best and to elevate your profile in search results.
- Manage your privacy settings to limit sharing, so an employer viewing your account sees only what you want them to see. At the same time, keep your social media positive and appropriate to demonstrate your intent to an employer.
- Look up hiring managers or others you meet with to learn more about them from their own social media accounts.
- Join online networking conversations based on your industry or field.
Visit Take Your Network Online for more ideas.