What does this tool do?
Local Training Finder lets you search for training in your local area.
How do I get started?
Enter a keyword for the type of job training or program you want to find. Once you start typing, you'll see some names appear below the box. Click on the one that best matches what you are looking for. (If you don't see what you are looking for, try typing another keyword.)
Then enter your city, state, or ZIP code, and click "Search."
On the next page, you'll find a list of schools that offer that type of training program.
You can see:
- The school name (click the name to visit the school's website)
- The program name
- The length of time it usually takes students to complete the program
- The number of people who graduated from the program (these numbers are for the 2012-13 school year)
What can I do with the results?
To learn more about a program, click on the name of the school. When the school's website opens, look for:
- Information about a program. Find it by:
- Looking for a "Programs" section on the website
- Entering the program name into the school website's search box, if there is one
- Information about admissions
- Information about cost and financial aid
Can I improve my list of results?
Your results list may be too long or have odd matches for your keywords. You can get better matches by using the filters to the left on your screen: occupation, program name and program length.
Can I save my list of results?
To download and save your results in a document, click the Download button at the bottom of your results list, and choose from Excel, Word, pdf and RTF formats.
To email or print your results, use the links at the bottom of the page.
Where does this information come from?
All of the school and program information comes from The U.S. Department of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Only schools that receive federal funding are included.
For information about displaying any of this data on your own website, please visit CareerOneStop's Web Services.
Who can I contact for more help?
If you have questions about any of the schools you find listed, please find and use contact information on the school's website.
If you have questions or comments about how this tool works, please contact the CareerOneStop Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to previous page