Skip to Content
Logo Careeronestop
Veteran and Military Transition Center
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
A proud partner of the american job center network.

Pay for school

Learn about the GI Bill, federal financial aid, and other options to help you pay for your education.

Be sure to investigate both veterans’ benefits and general financial aid options to find the best way to pay for your education needs.

Veterans’ benefits

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs administers several education benefit programs. Many veterans can qualify for more than one program. Read about the Post-9/11 GI Bill and other programs.

If you do qualify for veterans’ education benefits, you’ll want to make sure you enroll in an eligible program. You can search for VA-approved programs to make sure a program is eligible. You can use the GI Bill Comparison Tool to determine the cost at your chosen school and compare that with other schools.

General financial aid

You may qualify for financial aid like loans, grants, and scholarships. Visit to learn about federal financial aid. Programs like the Pell Grant can provide up to $5,500 for costs at community colleges, colleges and universities, and many trade and technical schools.

You can also explore scholarships and learn about other sources of financial aid.