Logo Careeronestop
Worker ReEmployment
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
A proud partner of the american job center network.

Energy assistance

Having trouble paying your home energy bills while you're laid off?

You might qualify for assistance from the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), a federally funded program that helps low-income households with their home energy bills. Each state operates their own LIHEAP program with their own eligibility guidelines. Find details about your State LIHEAP Program.

For information on where you can apply for LIHEAP, contact the National Energy Assistance Referral project by phone or e-mail:

  • Call toll-free at 1-866-674-6327 Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m.- 5 p.m. (Mountain Time)
  • Send an e-mail to: energy@ncat.org