Giving full attention to what others are saying and speaking in English well enough to be understood by others.
- Receive, interpret, understand, and respond to verbal messages and other cues
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand the points being made, ask questions as appropriate, and refrain from interrupting at inappropriate times
- Pick out important information in verbal messages
- Speaking and Presenting
- Speak clearly and confidently using common English conventions including proper grammar, tone, and pace
- Express information to individuals or groups taking into account the audience and the nature of the information (e.g., explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences)
- Influence others; present thoughts and ideas persuasively; gain commitment and ensure support for proposed ideas