Applicants for certification by examination must:
1a) Have completed a state-approved training program that meets current OBRA (federal) requirements, or
1b) Submit a transcript showing completion of a Nursing Fundamentals course from an approved nursing school (training program is valid 2 years from date of completion.)
2) Have passed the Clinical and Knowledge exams.
3) Submit fingerprint cards (fingerprint reports must be cleared by the Board to obtain licensure).
Applicants for certification by endorsement must:
1) Submit a copy of their active certification/license from another state.
2) Meet the requirements listed above under 1a or 1b.
3) Have worked 8 hours as a CNA in a licensed medical facility within the past 2 years.
Fees may be subject to change. Fees are: initial application--$50; biennial renewal--$50; fingerprinting--$50.