What does this tool do?
The Business Finder helps job seekers find potential employers. It searches a database of nearly 12 million U.S. businesses.
You can enter an industry to see businesses in that industry. You can enter an occupation to see businesses that typically hire workers in that occupation. You can also search using all or part of a firm's name. In all searches, you must identify a location – a state, city, or ZIP code.
Although not all of the businesses you identify are currently hiring, you can use this information to learn more about potential employers. Use the contact information to ask whether they have job openings.
How do I get started?
Enter a business name, industry, or an occupation.
If you see the industry or occupation title you are looking for pop up below the search box, select it and click "Search." Names of employers will not pop up. If you prefer, type your entire term and click "Search."
If you know the NAICS code for an industry or the SOC code for an occupation, you can use that code as your search term.
What can I do with these results?
Your results page provides a list of all employers that are related to your search term. Some search terms will generate very long lists. From the search results page, you have several options:
- To narrow your results, use the filters located to the left on your screen. Click "More" or "Less" at the bottom of the list to manage the number of filter options that are shown.
- To focus your search on a specific phrase, put quotes around the phrase, for example "Smith Electric" or "animal hospitals".
- To get more details about a business, click the name of the business.
- To start over with a new search term, click the blue "New Search" button on the top left side of the page.
- You can download and save your list of businesses in Excel, PDF, Word, or RTF using the "Download" button at the bottom of your results list.
For information about displaying any of this data on your own website, please visit CareerOneStop's Web Services.
Where does this information come from?
Business information is proprietary data licensed from Infogroup®.
Who can I contact for help?
If you have questions about a business from your list of search results, please contact that business. Click on the business name to find their contact information.
If you have questions or comments about the Business Finder or how to use this web site, please contact the CareerOneStop Service Center at email@example.com .
How can I add, remove, or change business information provided by the Business Finder?
To request a change or addition, please contact Infogroup at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.expressupdate.com.