| License Description|
Major Requirements for Certification:
1. Be at least 18 years of age;
2. Received either a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma;
3. Successfully completed a course of study of massage therapy or bodywork therapy consisting of a minimum of 700 classroom hours of supervised instruction at a board recognized school in this state that is accredited by an agency recognized by the Secretary of the United States Department of Education, and that is licensed by the state board of private postsecondary education or at a school outside of this state that is recognized by the board pursuant to section 32-4228.;
4. Successfully passed an examination administered by a national board accredited by the certifying agency that has been approved by the national commission on competency assurance and that is in good standing with that agency or have successfully passed an examination that is administered or approved by the board. Results must be sent directly to the board. Applicant is exempt from national test if attended Title IV School in Arizona.
1. Transcripts sent directly from the massage School(s) reflecting 700 classroom hours (see No. 3 above)
2. Verification from a State Board that license is current and in good standing.
Complete a minimum of 25 hours; only 12 hours of distance/correspondence learning is acceptable. The other 13 must be workshop, seminar, lecture, conference, class or instruction related to massage.
Fees: Initial (2 Year) -- $165; Renewal (on birthday of second year): $75