| License Description|
1) Be at least 18 years old.
2) Have at least 500 hours of schooling (transcripts must be submitted directly to the Board).
3) Have passed the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards' written exam (Massage and Bodywork Licensing Exam (MBLEx)).
4) Provide a passport sized photo and a photocopy of a current state issued I.D., or alien resident card if applicable.
5) Submit to fingerprinting for a background check.
Note: Visit the Federation of State Massage Therapy Board's website for more information on the MBLEx.
Reciprocity: In addition to items 1-5 listed above, applicants must submit a copy of their current massage therapist/business license and have their current licensing authority submit verification of their status being in good standing with no disciplinary actions pending. This verification must be sent directly from the out-of-state board to the Nevada Board via the form provided or a letter.
Fees: Fees may be subject to change. Fees are: application - $100; license - $150; background check - $125; temporary license application - $100; temporary license (90 days) - $50.